Monday, April 16, 2012

Review: Treasure Lost (Books)


Treasure Lost
Treasure Lost by R.G. Cordiner

My rating: 2 of 5 stars



This first off, was much more gritty then I thought it would be after reading reviews mentioned this book is meant for young boys. I found some of the detailed (and not so detailed) violent scenes to be something that would fit rather nicely into a 'mature' book, and as well thought them to actually be what may a little terrifying for a younger audience.

I liked the scenes that were written.. Mostly.. There were times where there were more mundane detail and gaping character growth that was really lacking.

One moment they just ship wrecked and the next paragraph or so they are 'saved' by a ship. I honestly think the characters spent more time there, I just did not pick up on it as well as I would have if more prose had been devoted to their time there.

I think I would only recommend this to someone who just wanted a very light read and was not too worried and characters growth.. Or missing the story links.

I thought of reading this to my kids, but decided not to due to the violence (it is downplayed, but it was enough.. And to the main characters at times where I was uncomfortable with my kids 'experiencing ' it through prose.)



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leftovers