Thursday, September 10, 2009

Soccer, Chickfila, and Pop - Rocks

This past Tuesday the Bengals had our second soccer practice and I believe it went quite well. These kids have some REALLY good potential and I am excited to be able to be a part of pulling it up. We mainly worked on throw ins and dribbling. The kids do better than I expected with dribbling - some just need some more reinforcement of keeping control as they dribble. As for the throw-ins; they seem to lose their minds. Technique of the thrower seems be fine, but when you introduce it as a team effort, all falls apart. Though I guess if it is hard enough to get teens and adults to work as a team sometimes - it would fall suite that it would be for 4 & 5 year olds, BUT they are getting it. I hope to see them working together more and more as we progress.

GO BENGALS!!!

Chickfila rocks - they have been having some awesome freebies recently - especially for facebook friends. What is wonderful about them is that there is no catch. No buy this ... get this for 75% off if two are bought in a bundle and tied with chicken wire. You just walk in and order it - and you get it! This in my daughter's favorite fast food joint and we usually cannot go because of the cost - thanks Chickfila for making it easier to go!

My son, Elijah, is now debating whether or not he enjoys pop-rocks. I gave him a few last night and he freaked out - but then came back for more (but didn't get any) Maybe I could record a video of this soon - what do you think?

~>dErK<~

1 comment:

Leftovers