Thursday, August 27, 2015

Review: The Education of Brother Thaddius and Other Tales of DemonWars

The Education of Brother Thaddius and Other Tales of DemonWars The Education of Brother Thaddius and Other Tales of DemonWars by R.A. Salvatore
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This was interesting. I particularly liked the story near the beginning that told the tale of an earlier Ranger than Nightbird. If it was just that story.. this would have gotten a 5/5 stars.

The other story that oddly captured by attention was the one with the instrument. I think getting more of that would have been pretty cool.

The other stories weren't bad, but neither were they great.

It was nice to hope back into this world. Not just in the world, but in the time period we started in with the first book.

By the end of the main tale I can see a pretty clear opening for more to come. Many changes that the order has gone through.. that likely would just get a byline in a new tale.

I would not recommend this reading to someone that is not familiar with the world already. If you want to read it I would be sure that you have read all of the initial Demon Wars books. If you have just read the Highway man series I would steer clear for now. There are several things that could spoil your reading of some of the best works Salvatore has penned.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leftovers