Monday, May 16, 2011

Stolen Guest Post - (from Paul Horton @gpaulhorton)

 Paul Horton posted this today, I thought it needed more views !  here is his tumblr
swamp people...
Sunday afternoons are good for lazy boy naps, ice cream, and bad tv. I caught more of “Swamp People” yesterday.
A couple of things:
1) Kristian smiles with pride to hear deep Cajun accents.
2) I would be dead 5 minutes into alligator hunting.
3) I hope I never need English subtitles when speaking English.
The swamp people of “Swamp People” are indeed swamp people. They speak English, with a little Cajun French mixed in, but the producers felt they needed subtitles. The sad part is - I understood everything without reading the subtitles.
Certain people of AL need subtitles too. I’ve joked before that I am bilingual. I speak English and Southern English.
Reminds me of a verse…
Eph 4 - Watch the way you talk. Let nothing foul or dirty come our of your mouth. Say only what helps, each word a gift. (The Message)
I don’t guess it matters if you use correct grammar or need subtitles, just as long as you know everything you say is powerful. Each word should bring life and encouragement.
Someone needs your gift today. Speak!
 I propose scrolling marquee subtitle signs (much like Flavor Flav's Clock) to be a new fashion item for everyone! (who enjoys discrimination?)
_


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leftovers