Saturday, March 31, 2012

52 Reasons : THIRTY_NINE : You Give Freely



"You Give Freely"


I like my stuff.. I feel better when I buy things.. when I get a new little 'toy' that can do something cool.  Sometimes I use it as therapy .. and it can hurt the checkbook, but.. I am not in denial .. I do my best to know it is a problem and be proactive about it.  

I have a jacket that Melanie gave me that I really, really wanted but when a guy told me it was a nice looking jacket.. and looked real warm.. I asked.. if he needed a jacket as I took it off.  He turned it down.

I did it again with a hoody that my mother gave me for Christmas .. there was a guy that seemed to not have a jacket .. so I offered it.. he took it .. and then lost it in just a few days.  

I have a standing rule about loose change in my pockets.. well.. the rule is still there if I am sitting, but I am not going to tell you the rule.. it is between me and God (I reserve the right that I may have told you before.. or may tell you in the future.. it is not exclusive to me and God.. He just knows about it.. and calls me to it .. ever so often)

I like giving.. it feels good .. to be able to give .. and not expect back..  I know that I NEED people like that in my life at times.. so .. as the golden rules asks.. I do unto others.. 

And if you may be wondering.. Melanie is .. OH SO MUCH BETTER AT IT THAN ME!! She inspires me.. and I have other friends that do as well.. all better at it than me.. :)  Give to someone today.. and expect nothing back.. you WILL NOT REGRET IT!!! 



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~






No comments:

Post a Comment

Leftovers