Monday, May 7, 2012

Mike O - State of Mind (Music, Review) @iamMike0 @bandcamp #rap #favorite






^^Widget Above^^


For Fans of : 
Eminem, Lecrae, Hip-Hop, Andy Mineo, Trip Lee

I have reviewed his music before HERE : http://derkopenedeyes.blogspot.com/2012/03/mike-0-turn-it-up-free-music-review.html This time though I was asked to review this album - I do not have my own copy, I listened via the bandcamp widget. ($7.00 minimum payment for album)


Overall Thoughts:

Totally looking to the Kingdom of God in this rap mix - I found the lyrics to be pretty clever.. biblical and pointing towards God, Christ, Holy Spirit throughout the album.. 

I am in a bit of a terrible position.. because I would have set this album as one of my favorites.. BUT my favorites are labeled as free..but.. hmm.. ahh.. whatever.. 

I am setting it here as a favorite anyway... and if you can spot me $7 I will buy this.. lol (really it is an amazing deal.. the amount of QUALITY songs that you get for such a small amount of money) - or .. Mike.. you seemed to have released this on my birthday.. how about a late present?.. lol   I now have this album - Thanks Mike O!

Recording Thoughts:

Pretty Good ... Professional

Stand Outs:
(Rating Scale 1 to 5 - 1 being least - 5 being greatest)

"Kingdom State of Mind"  3 - repeats a bit to much at the beginning.. almost wanted to skip it.. but made it through. .and glad I did.. the lyrics are well done.. but the repeating does come back.. so.. you know.. whatever..

'Ride" 5 - clear message.. celebrating Christ and his sacrifice! - totally liked the beat of this one.. really sucked me in and the lyrics.. so clever and Glory to God!

"#winning" 5 - strongly biblical - and encouraging.. we HAVE victory due to Christ within us.. He died for us.. and we can live for Him.. it is victory just to do it!

"The One" 5 - very cool.. God is "The One" .. and when we live that way.. man.. how life is different! 

"Never Let Me Go" 4 - so encouraging about the love of God.. the amazing power and love of Him.. no matter our position or our jerkyness towards Him even.. He has love! 

"All The Way" 5 - I think the recording on this one is not as good as the rest.. but it really does not take away from the song.. very good message .. things do not really always go perfect and amazing, but if our focus is on God.. our attitude can reshape the 'circumstances' .. this gives us the ability to 'make it' .. "All the Way"

"Flesh Down, Spirit Up" 5 - great lifting of God for the breaking of the Fleshly desires.. and the growing in spiritual things.. really cool.. 'old man' to 'new man' type of theme

"My Motto" 3 - an encouragement.. as well a cry out about God's Word and being in it.. reading it.. knowing it.. understanding.. and as well. .there is some very serious crazy quick rapping in this one

"Marching" 5 - "Weapon. Check. Wisdom. Check. ... Armor. Check...."  oh.. man.. this one is so cool.. just really gets you motivated.. slap that armor on.. be prayed up.. and do the work of God!!

"But No More" 4 - a testimony of rap before Christ.. and doing it after.. what was the temptation.. and the pull to really do what God has called forth instead

"Say No" 4 - Very cool beat.. all the electronic.. and sounds.. really cool.. having trust in God.. knowing we can make it through because God will not put more than we can handle.

"Just For Me" 4 - A slight R&B .. melody.. Christ died for you.. this rap mix really grasps that and lays it on the table! 

"Can't Stop" 5 - When you really know the awesomeness that God has done.. when you have been 'forgiven much'.. you really.. truly "Can't Stop" in your praise to Him! 

"My Victory" 5 - A softer and flowing song.. "Positive outlook - no matter what's  happening" .. yeah.. I like it.. totally like it.. lol 

"Show Me The Way" 5 - the drive and want to have more.. and more of God.. the only way.. let Him in.. He comes and fills us.. we learn more and more.. this mix really grasps that want! 




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~






No comments:

Post a Comment

Leftovers