Tuesday, May 8, 2012

One Match Fire ... Part 1 (Blurb)

 
As you may have noticed.. this will be a two parter, but .. I must warn you I am not entirely certain as to when I will write and post part 2... only.. there is a part two.

I once went on a wonderful weekend camping trip with some good friends.  I used to camp ALL THE TIME in my younger years with the Boy Scouts, so I was very excited about getting to be out in the 'wilderness' again.  The trip was a canoe trip.. which made me even more excited.. they were always my favorite.    The only problem being.. I was without my wife and daughter for the entire weekend.. for the first time.. ever.  (Elijah and Asher were not born yet)  Luckily this really did not get me too down.. I just immersed myself into my old Boy Scout awesomeness.

Out of the people that were there.. for some reason the only person stating knowledge of being able to start a fire out of .. I think it was seven people, five of which had been through military basic training and such, was me, who stayed as far away from the military as possible (I like the military, it just was not my 'calling')  I laughed at them and made the very egotistical challenge that I could start the fire with ONE match.  One of my friends was skeptical and decided to watch this 'miracle' take place.

The secret to a one match fire is ... planning ahead.  I KNEW I really could do what I proposed - but was a bit freaked out because of my proclamation, so I went above and beyond in the planning stage.  I got everything set and perfect before pulling out the matches.  My skeptical friend watched in flabergasted awe as I lit the starter.. and it caught to the kindling .. then to the larger logs.. and sure enough.. a one match fire.. I look up and ... my friend passed out (no.. not really.. but it would have been funny if it had happened) 

Yes, my friend was amazed.. and I played it off wonderfully acting much like I lived in the woods for years with just a box of matches.. and no one was better than me at fire whispering.  

I am not usually one to plan out EVERYTHING.  I take steps.  I plan accordingly.. and then let 'Just Being Here' take over when it needs to.  What do I mean by that?  

I know I cannot bottle up my life and MAKE it what I want.  Not because it is not possible.. I think it just may be, but is that the life I NEED?  I may think I know what I need right now and I plan what I can right now, but if one remembers it properly.. The word of God is a lamp to one's feet.. not to all around us.  Knowing and .. sort of understanding.. I plan much like I did for the fire.  I have to have each thing in the correct spot.  The match cannot normally light up an entire log.. or tree in one go, so I need to make sure there are smaller things below them.  

If set up right.. the fire goes well, and .. for me during the trip that fire lasted the entire weekend.. using the coals to rekindle the fire the next day and such.. so .. one match fire for an entire weekend.  But for life.. for planning for being here .. on earth.. I give it to God.. I know if I make all choices.. my fire will die out in no time.  I let the coals of God stay lit and plan for what needs to be placed above them.. sometimes a bit of encouragement.. speaking 'breathing of life' needs to go into them, but that is good.. that is how we can outlast the mistakes and problems we may have.

Let one time God entered into you be the only time it needs to happen.. Let Him develop coals.. burning within.. ready to take hold of whatever project God wants you on to bring forth righteous flame..that can be passed on.. and grow the kingdom! 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~





No comments:

Post a Comment

Leftovers