Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Review: Rhapsody: Child of Blood by Elizabeth Haydon (Books) #fantasy

Rhapsody: Child of Blood (Symphony of Ages, #1)Rhapsody: Child of Blood by Elizabeth Haydon
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This book is quite an interesting tale. I found it to be smoothly transitioned and mostly linear tale.

It has an interesting time travel setting. Certainly a fantasy world that is well explained and created as the story progresses. For a bit it feels like you are lost but all comes together as you meet the main three in the story and begin to follow them into the root system of this giant tree.

I found the mysteries that were created in this book are pretty much answered by the end, but that you are given ample reason to move on and read the next one as you finish.

I find the tale intriguing and the characters to be each very well thought out .. as well have fairly strong three dimensional outputs, which makes sense due to the nature of a 'naming' character that learns to KNOW her companions enough that she can 'create' them by song, in a way.

The only real downside I had to these books was the blatant sexual things. For one, I have stated this before, I understand that in reality we think in such a way that these characters do, but I really would prefer not to read of that thinking as all it does is mess with my mind and bring me to thoughts I do not wish to have.

I plan to continue in the series as these were mostly in fairly good taste and not overly apparent through the novel.


View all my reviews

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~





No comments:

Post a Comment

Leftovers