Monday, May 28, 2012

The Legend of XERO - Awakening (Music, Download) @thelegendofxero #pop #electric #rap #favorite


^^Widgets Above^^

(I did notice an error with one of the widgets.. so .. there is nothing I can do about that though..)



I was given this album by the artist for the purpose of reviewing it - the opinions here are my own. 

9 Song Album - Above (In the bandcamp widgets) you will notice that it is in basically three parts

Overall Thoughts:

Is it rap..worship..alternative techno.. or is it.. insanity in music.. insanity.. that sounds.. totally awesome.. I know I 'sang' praises for the last two songs I reviewed before.. but.. this guy.. wow.. he has a sound.. that.. really.. is amazing.. so nicely put together.. 

The message and passion for Christ is so strong and clear.. man.. I am so glad to listen to this stuff and be able to review it.. so.. COOL! 

While not free (from what I can tell) I have added this to my favorites anyway

Recording Thoughts:

Very Good ... Professional

Stand Outs: 
(Rating Scale 1 to 5 - 1 being least - 5 being greatest)

'Darkness VS. Light" 3  - A 'thank you' in a way.. but as well.. it seems to just intro the idea of the album.. it sounds really cool .. all the different things happening around the playing of.. what it seems is some kind of sermon.. I would no be surprised if it was something I should know and recognize either.

"New Year's Eve" 5 - The electronic vocals in a nursery rhyme sing song way.. gave me that feel that I was again in the world of Portal.. but still.. pointing to Christ!  This seems to be a conversation.. a prayer.. to God .. in the asking of forgiveness and new life.. a great message here.. strongly and passionately done! 

"The Beginning of These Things" 4 - Starting out with a sermon message on Enoch.. I found the music and words there mixed well.. definitely captured the message and made it more 'entertaining' to listen to.. as well as it continues to the music.. to the singing.. the message in the song is certainly good.. I did find myself slightly loosing interest ever so often in the mid points of the song.. not that it was bad.. I am not sure why I felt that way.. 

"Dreamscape" 3 - hmm.. I used to have dreams where I could fly too.. but.. there were no guys with masks... This was different.. reminded me in a way of Kevin Max... the surreal type landscape.. creating a story or visual painting of a  story.. with words.. not something I would listen over and over again.. but .. it was certainly cool.. 

"Breath of Life" 5 - again starting with audio sermon.. again.. done well.. the bones.. when Ezekiel is asked by God to prophesy to them.. the living coming from the dead dust.. This was a cool deep message type story thoughts.. In those moments we feel totally spent.. we can remember when this happened in the bible.. we can regain life as well! 

"We Are The Knights" 4 - another sermon.. different this time... a different guy.. but the flow in from these to music.. awesomeness! An encouraging song.. about the fight.. the fight that Ephesians makes clear is about principalities.. and that we have all we need to go up against it.. that there need not be fear when we go forth in it.. uplifting.. and courage building.. 

"The Lost" 5 - Probably the closest I have heard on this album to normal.. standard Rap.. and I really liked... the beats and things.. are very much like the rest of the album.. but.. anyway.. the message is good here too.. "Cause even though the got Christ, this depression still haunts you" .. honestly .. it happens.. but there is hope.. Christ WILL SHINE THROUGH!! 

"Dreamin'" 5 - A testimony of sorts.. "how this whole thing got started" .. "I really want joy.. and I'm settlin' for less" .. how often might I really do that.. Your story speaks to me greatly.. we all deal with things much like these.. it does not have to be the drugs and alcohol .. anything can be addicting.. any hurt, habit, or hangup.. The regrets in this song were powerful.. so glad that Christ covers us.. and we are seen in that image.. that we can have hope of perfection as God still works on us! The last minute and a half .. was a powerful testimony.. really showing his heart for Christ.. his non desire at one time.. and the push to move toward Christ actively.. just .. moving forward.. 

"The Master's Plan" 4 - Very much Pop sound in this one.. Encouraging song.. I totally got sucked into the beat!! "This is how we face the day" . While very good.. I could see myself getting annoyed with the excessive repeating.. 


@thelegendofxero on twitter 


Blog
Bandcamp
Facebook
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~





No comments:

Post a Comment

Leftovers