Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Review: Leviathan Wakes


Leviathan Wakes
Leviathan Wakes by James S.A. Corey

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



This book surprised me in a a lot of ways. Most of them all being good ways.

I found this book to start in a pretty odd, uninteresting way. While the first chapter catches attention, it just does not go back to that connection until much later. As other characters enter the picture I kept thinking of the first and wondering where in the world they went. I felt as if a rug was pulled from under me, but then I grew to root for the characters in front of me. To feel their problems and movements and choices begin to collide and impact all of the world/universe around them.

It was really interesting and after getting half way through the book... I was totally pulled into the story. I was glad to see that it did not end on some crazy cliff hanger. While there are more books in the series and I did add them to my wishlist, I don't HAVE to read them to finish this one story.

A great read. Still a bit more harsh in language then I would have liked, but I could see this as a movie... or a video game.

I could feel threads of Mass Effect as well as Dead Space in this. Good storytelling and pretty insane space opera.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leftovers