Monday, January 12, 2015

Review: The Dragon's Path


The Dragon's Path
The Dragon's Path by Daniel Abraham

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



This was a different look at the epic fantasy genre. It kind of turns the way that we have come to approach them on it's side.

I felt that the entire story was from a totally different angle. The way that you learned of things or the way a character made a choice, you saw it from a way that just really took an interesting turn in my enjoyment of the book.

I liked the characters. You get to see a TON of growth as the author was sure to take them from young to older. It is not a huge time difference, but as far as the change in the characters and their situations it is a drastic difference from the first few pages to the last.

I certainly recommend this book to any fantasy fan. There is not a ton of magic used and if at all... at this time it is only hinted at. I am hoping for more of a world opening and some really large stuff taking place.

The small scale and interesting political changes happening can really show that this is a great setup.

I will be picking up the next in the series.

One more thought. There was a bunch of vulgar language at the start of the story, but as it moved forward it became less and less. This was a positive note for me.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leftovers