Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Caleb & Sol (afloat) (Free Music, Review)






These guys are awesome! facebook Honestly Take a full listen to this album (yes you get a full 'preview' of the songs on noisetrade!

Which is your favorite. I have had a hard time picking! I love the almost country/rap mix. Neither is too thick so it is not clashing - they just flow one into the other providing for a great 'melodic' sound.

'Barabbs' really intrigued me, not a song I know, but it is a wonderful perspective tool. I could really feel the predicament that he was faced with, and the joy of being forgiven - and Jesus taking my place!

'afloat' just makes me think of Peter ... probably enough said - I get worried, can I handle the issues around me.. no I do not need to.. I need to look through the storm and keep my vision on Christ - that will get me through

'be still' What is keeping you from your joy? - Let God take control again - Be still, worry not and fall into the grace of God!

'burn' what do you want to keep within yourself - is it what God would like you to keep - Give God the access to the deepest and darkest things in your life - and let His holy fire burn away the life that is within that can only bring you death and destruction!

'eternity' -simple- We need God to guide us ... to eternity :) btw this one has that GREAT mixture of sound in it!!

'rags to robes' no matter the choices I make in my life on my own I am always and forever in rags and chains. Not until I give up myself, my chains and rags. Christ gives us a robe of Redemption - A slavery of freedom - A Choice that is more powerful than anything else on this earth as it determines the eternity of our spirits!

I just picked a few to chat on, but I really like every song on this album and will do what I can to keep up with anything new. Enjoy Caleb & Sol!


_





Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leftovers