Wednesday, April 27, 2011

@AndrewPeterson - The Far Country (Free Music & lil blurb)




^Widget Above^


Andrew Peterson has a fairly common sound, but what I really like about his music is the deep philosophical musing that his songs invoke to the mind.

And for the songs:

'The Far Country' - (the song not the entire album) - an interesting look on the old testament story of Abraham leaving his home, but the song is more about what Abraham - or we may be thinking in that type of situation. Sometimes it is easy to look around ourselves and think of 'The Far Country' wishing to be there instead of here, or 'where you are'. Has God called you to move... wait for His voice!

On the other hand the call to 'The Far Country' as in 'Heaven' should be a longing of ours, though I often wonder why. Granted the streets are made of gold and mansions and such, but honestly I have been taught to not look at these things as 'things I want and need' so in that thought process, why do I long for heaven. Not for riches...


'Mystery Of Mercy' - This is one of my favorites on the album. To have a grasp of what being 'Christian' is ... is what this song is about. We are all parts of the equation, yet God still loves us and accepts us. Something that cannot be ignored and this truth is what keeps me going - to possibly have others begin to see that being loving to each other could truly inspire more love, because we really are alike.


'All Shall Be Well' - Just what we need to hear every once and a while.

I can think of some very specific moments that I NEEDED ... wanted something to just be able to feel better. I knew that all I wanted was a pat on the back and a loving eye/word telling me that it will be o.k. Odd enough in those times, I did not get that - it was odd, but God was there - and... lol, all was well :)


'For The Love of God' - I just wanted to say that this was a pretty good portrayal of what love is, or better what love God calls us into. One of the greatest misnomers of what Christianity is how we are to portray love. Interestingly it is not those that do not believe what we do that get it wrong, it is us. It hurts me to see when 'love' is used incorrectly, and .. yes.. it can, and it hurts me so much more when I am the one screwing it up.


Enjoy Andrew Peterson - think a bit - maybe even let me know your thoughts...



Andrew Peterson's Website

Counting Stars [+Digital Booklet]

Resurrection Letters Volume 2 [+digital booklet]

Love And Thunder

The Far Country

Carried Along


_



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leftovers