Monday, July 16, 2012

Chris Whitler - Burning Bushes (Free Music, Review) @badyouthspeaker @Noisetrade #folkrock #acoustic


^^Widget Above^^

For Fans of :   Randy Stonehill, James Taylor, Andrew Peterson, Rich Mullins


11 Songs

Overall Thoughts:

Acoustic.. great beat.. very soft and pretty slow.. calming .. reassuring music.. much of the time I was lost in the music and not really in the words.. which does not often happen to me.. 

Recording Thoughts:

Pretty Good ... Semi-Professional

Stand Outs:

"Burning Bushes" - certainly something akin to Moses.. very much elements taken from that story.. but there is something .. deeper here.. not sure I have my finger on it yet.. but there must be an allegory.. 

"Disappearing Orchards" - the passion for Christ and the glory set in this song is wonderful.. very beautiful song!! 

"Entrance Ramp Prayer" - not acoustic.. much more 'large' instrumentally.. more standard type ... I found that it kind of lost me in my getting 'lost' in the music as I was in the previous songs.. which.. honestly .. was cool. .

"Hold On" - then this one has a garage band rock element to it.. mostly because.. it sounds like a rock band recording in their garage.. bad.. no. .personally I liked the song.. and the message.. great message.. 

"Hosea 6" - more vocals are added.. a much stronger worshipful spirit is in this song.. though from Hosea 6 .. I found it a pretty good Word to song.. 

"Joy Peace Truth Life Christ" - this was really cool.. great message.. very encouraging.. if you look at it the right way.. 

"Psalm 90" - a VERY good WORD to song.. acoustic.. totally enjoyed it!! 

"Valley Song" - totally awesome acoustic song!! 

take a listen ... get a download.. and TIP!!! 

@badyouthspeaker on twitter 


Noisetrade
Website (blog)
Facebook
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~





1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for your review of my album. It's great to read some feedback and experience your reaction to the music. God bless!

    ReplyDelete

Leftovers