Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Review : The Alloy of Law by @BrandSanderson (Books)

The Alloy of Law (Mistborn, #4)The Alloy of Law by Brandon Sanderson
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Another Sanderson book does not disappoint!

I found the 'new' world from Mistborn very easy to get into. I really liked the new ways he decided to take the powers and as well how he kept many things the same, that is likely what made it such an easy and smooth read.

I certainly enjoyed the western feel. I personally have not read many books that are set in this type of period of time and look forward to future books (as it does seem he has left himself room for at the end of this)

Every character just has such a great full feel to them.. I think that mostly this is due to the knacks that he creates for them.. one likes to steal, but calls it borrowing.. or trading.. (done.. but a good way to create a good clearly understood character with a bit of mystery as well)

I totally enjoyed the bad guy.. one that believes in the cause is always the best.. and I am 100% sure that Sanderson gets this.. which is why he seems to have them so much.

The only problem I had wast that it was too short.. Every time I backed out of the book and saw the percentage I read I was aghast at how much I plowed through.. I wanted MORE time in that world! I guess with the next book that will come!

View all my reviews

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~





No comments:

Post a Comment

Leftovers