Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Review: The Dame by R.A. Salvatore - 5 of 5 Stars (Books)

The Dame (Corona: Saga of the First King, #3)The Dame by R.A. Salvatore
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

The Highwayman is BACK!

I mean he is totally back. I very much enjoyed the first book and as well the world that Salvatore has been creating with these 'demonwars' books. I was very excited with The Highwayman series because of the Jestu and Ambellican stones being mixed to create such an interesting character... With so many flaws to get over and learn.. and as well.. relearn to live in society.

While I did not totally enjoy the second book.. I see its necessity in the continuation of the story. The growth of Bransen is good. The convictions and 'rocking' of Branson's beliefs of authority .. and even the possibly of his 'non' existance.. is an intreaging message as you read the journal entries.

His coversation with Jameston about his worry destroying his joy.. and forgetting where he came from.. how far he has gotten - this is a great reminder and lesson we all should really take to heart. One great way to remember and have the courage to continue forward.

As for the story - Bransen has returned to Honce with a writ of passage that turns out to be all but useless with the changes that have transpired in his absence. His thoughts of stepping out of the mess that is of the 'rest of the world' pull him in regardless due to his reputation.

I really feel like I was pulled back into this story.. that the life I felt go out has been rekindled with the new things that are happening. We are seeing some of the things that affect the future that we already know and just the ending of this one is a shocker.. something that made me wish that I had the next book side me so I could go right into it.




View all my reviews


 
 
 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~





No comments:

Post a Comment

Leftovers