Thursday, September 27, 2012

Review : "The Pursuit of God" by A.W. Tozer (Books)

The Pursuit of GodThe Pursuit of God by A.W. Tozer
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Certainly a good book for those that are already desiring and as well in process of 'the pursuit'. While it could be good for others to read it, I am not certain of the acceptance that others would have of many of the ideals. I found some very well stated things in this book that 'nutshell' some very good ideals that I firmly believe. Some of which:

"For it is not mere words that nourish the soul, but God Himself, and unless and until the hearers find God in personal experience they are not the better for having heard the truth."

"We pursue God because, and only because, He has first put an urge within us that spurs us to the pursuit."

"Moses used the face that he knew God as an argument for knowing Him better."

"Whoever defends himself will have himself for his defense, and he will have no other; but let him come defenseless before the Lord and he will have for his defender no less than God Himself."

Mostly I believe that these few quotes are enough for those that may feel inclined to read it.. to read it.. and those opposed to push it way.

I read it based on the sole fact that many times as I would see a quote somewhere that I liked. A.W. Tozer's name was attached to it. When I saw this book I had to grab it to see what else would 'open my mind' in a way. While many things in this I 'knew' I enjoyed his cool demeanor and attitude towards logic as he described spiritual things.

I think that this book can spur great discussion and may one day work through it with others to deepen my understandings even more!

View all my reviews
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~





No comments:

Post a Comment

Leftovers