Tuesday, September 18, 2012

See The Need, Do The Deed? (Blurb)

 Friends can be one of the most amazing miracles God puts into our lives.  

The story here begins... 

Once upon a time my left back window in my truck was busted.  


How did this happen? 

The short answer would be it was my fault.  The long answer.. honestly.. I will spare you, due to the fact it is not the tale I wish to tell you today.

As soon as it happened people took notice.  To tell the truth... how could you not?  It is an entire window missing.  

The interesting thing was how many times I would be told about someplace someone knew about, or someone that someone knew could 'take care of it'.  Every time someone brought these things to my attention I would reply with a statement much like this one, "Cool, let me know more information and we can go forward on it, thanks for letting me know".

No matter the amount of people or the assurance they had in what they were saying, NOTHING came of the statements.. they were just spoken word.  In order for the window to be 'fixed' it needed action.  I made a decision... due to the fact it really did not bother having the window broken I was going to just let it stay that way and wait until someone decided to move forward with action.  I had no idea when it would happen, but I knew it would probably take me by surprise.  Around two years after the breaking... it did take me by surprise.  

The morning of the 'action' I was at work and had a thought to myself about how I might write this blurb... mind you.. without the thought of it in a 'fixed' state, but instead with the conclusion it was still NOT fixed.  So when I pulled up to my home to attend our UNVEILED group and found my best friend poking around the back of my truck.. I knew immediately I was being Gnomed.  


I was wrong...

That sneaky loving friend was measuring out the window onto some plexi...hmmm.. no gnome.. what is the world coming to?

Other friends showed up for UNVEILED and began to happily help out with the project




One providing a knife here, another a pair of pliers.. and tool upon tool until they could complete the job as properly as possible


hmmm.. does that fit... ah.. good enough!


Even the kids got in on the fun (sort of)


Placing the plexi


adding the adhesive

holding up the plexi as the adhesive took hold (and Elijah still having fun... on top of the truck)

and the tape 'finish' so no one had to hold it for 12 hours... 

I am grateful for this moment, and much more grateful for the friends God has gifted me with.  

No matter who you know, or what you think about how to do something, the simplicity of cost, or whatever of a need that you see in someone else's life... it does not matter whatsoever without action!  Action is needed more than anything else... and as you move toward action ... you should do it with a glad heart.. the gift you are providing being the very gift you yourself are receiving. 

If we can all gain this attitude my friends have shown me with a simple thing as hodge podging my window fixed to keep me a bit warmer in the winter... then we, as a body of Christ, should be able to do much grander and greater things together... by ACTION!!

Go! Do SOMETHING!! 

 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


1 comment:

Leftovers