Friday, December 28, 2012

Review: A Spell For Chameleon by Piers Anthony (Books) #fantasy

A Spell for Chameleon (Xanth, #1)A Spell for Chameleon by Piers Anthony
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I have stayed away from Piers Anthony for a good long while. All it took was the recommendation from a friend and a few descriptive things from the book to get me to actually crack one open.

I certainly found this entertaining. There is just something about turning standard myths and magic onto its head. If you have ever read 'The Enchanted Forest Chronicles' you have found the child version of these books.

Truly this book has a much more 'mature' nature to it, though not a terrible one that turned me away from it. It is slight whimsical and fun as well as a fairly likeable storyline. Many times I put the book down to only pick it up again a few moments later ... it really did not take me long to read it.

The world that is created is one that does catch my interest as I have a good few of the following sequels and look forward to reading them.

View all my reviews

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~





No comments:

Post a Comment

Leftovers