Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Cutting Corners, and Not The Good Kind (Blurb)



If you have ever seen the wonderful little piece of magical paper I have pictured above, you know the goodness and sweet warmth one gains at the earning of such an honor.
You can actually read what this card gives one rights to on the card itself, but for the sake of those who may not have the image before them I will give you the text here:

This is to certify that the bearer (my name) has read the "Using Woods Tools"chapter in the Boy Scout Handbook. He knows that our use of woods tools means responsibility, and he accepts it. In consideration of the above he is hereby granted "Totin' Rights".

Ah yes the authority and responsibility to use and handle knives, axes, saws, hatchet, as well as other blades tools. A Totin Chip came write a certain penalty program. If you were found to be improperly using a tool then you would lose a corner. After the loss of four corners you no longer had a card and had to go through the steps again before you regained the cornerstones right of blades.

Something I always found odd about this arrangement was the act of removing corners. I did have corners removed and as well earned a new card, but that is another tale. When I had corners removed I noticed each corner cut actually gained me TWO fresh new ones.  The trouble was no matter how much this was seemingly a truth to me, I would still lose my card after the removal of four corners.

Truth, is truth no matter how you try and cut it.  I once watch a video of a woman describing truth as she saw it should be seen by everyone else.  She described a stained glass window with light shining through and the results upon the floor, creating a myriad of colors and shapes... this is what truth was ... each persons fit and was there upon the floor; bright, vibrant, and alive.  The problem here is her entire premise has one thing negating her ideal outlook on truth.  No matter the outcome on the floor... the real truth is the light first shining through the stained glass window.  

This is the problem with the world.  It creates a stained glass window to be able to filter and reflect truth in other lights and directions.  Much like I would have very much enjoyed actually gaining corners as I lost them and therefore keeping my card for much longer than I should have, it never changes what truth actually is.  We are stuck with what it is, no matter what it is. 

John 14:6
Jesus said to him, I am the Way and the Truth and the Life; no one comes to the Father except by (through) Me.

There is no way to 'cut corners' to Salvation, we get there by Christ, or not at all! 

Take a moment to think on this and be honest with yourself.  I beg you to trust in Christ and accept Him as your Savior.  Study the Word and grow closer to God, and never fear asking a question as it can only bring you closer to the creator of all! 

 
 
 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leftovers