Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Review: A Princess of Mars


A Princess of Mars
A Princess of Mars by Edgar Rice Burroughs

My rating: 3 of 5 stars



This is exceptionally well written, though it is written as though it was written by the protagonist. What I did not like about this is I felt I missed out on much of the story. It comes in what I would call 'journal spurts' .. sometimes things either did not quite flow from one thing to the next though to be honest I this was my inability to fall into the language of the times and really 'get' the story as intended.

After reading this I see where the movie that was out not too long ago kept much of the original, but may have taken from other books in the series or made up their own parts.

I particularly liked the way this ended as it really was interesting and left a bit of mystery (except for the fact there are so many more tales to be read)

I do recommend it for those who enjoy sci fi and I really finally picked it up due to be basis of John Carters abilities being part of the inspiration for Superman!



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leftovers