Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Review: A Farewell to Mars: An Evangelical Pastor's Journey Toward the Biblical Gospel of Peace


A Farewell to Mars: An Evangelical Pastor's Journey Toward the Biblical Gospel of Peace
A Farewell to Mars: An Evangelical Pastor's Journey Toward the Biblical Gospel of Peace by Brian Zahnd

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



All lives matter

This book captures an attitude of peace in the world that should be clearly seen in the scriptures. Maybe Brian could be reaching a bit with some of his arguments,but ultimately he is right in that we should be peacemakers.

The God of war should be left in our dust and we need to change our minds from one that sees the strong as right just because they beat up someone else.

I accepted Christ when I was 16 and I knew my life needed to be different after I did. Even then I was unsure of what all would change, but it has been interesting to find that day after day there is more of me that can become more like Christ instead.

I am a lover...not a fighter. The main message of this book is true in my life. I would much rather show love towards anyone than take up a fighting stance against them.

If we are following Christ then it should be a default attitude.

Step into this book with your guards up too high and you miss out, but come with them at half staff and you should be able to see the truth.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leftovers