Thursday, March 10, 2011

Running on that HOLY GHOST POWER... my car I mean

Would you like to listen instead? With all the talk and hype about gas again, I am reminded of my past self (my future self 'knows' less but is far wiser) when I was attending college at Auburn.

Why, pray tell, is it that I am reminded of. Well, I am reminded of my esteemed faith in Christ during that period of my life. My faith was so great that the spirit of Jesus would literally fuel and run my car.

"How does this work?" , you may ask....

Well - you know when you are driving and the gas light comes on? Well, at least I know what that is like. I see that gas light and I knew I could drive for a little while longer without being stranded. I knew that I was NOT lazy, I was SUPER spiritual. If I could go two days driving with my car's gas light on - that Holy Spirit of Jesus was only being used slightly, but once I was three or four days in - I was riding purely on the power of God! Sometimes I would chide myself by thinking to not fill it up, at all - believing in my believing that I could believe it to run forever on that great awesomeness of our loving savior, that is why He shed his blood for us you know. I have heard of cars that run on electricity, steam, water, and even cooking oil! Why couldn't my car run on God power! No modifications needed, just faith! What a concept!

I mean - the times that I was stuck on the side of the road hoping someone would stop to help, was just God giving me, and my awesome faith, someone to witness to. To tell them how my car ran on Godpower, and that I needed a lift to a gas station to get gas for my car! (that really never happened) Though I did ever so often have to call my roommate for a lift.

Suffice to say it... my faith is not as great as it was then. Is that why I now get gas as soon as the light comes on ( or ask my wife to do it :P) ? Or, could I once again modify my vehicle to run on that faith? Maybe I will test it again, but I may wait til my kids get older, I do not want to miss anything because I was stranded on the side of the road.

Do you have any interesting Gas stories (of the car running kind of course)?

Or, maybe you have a story about faith like mine? though I may be alone on this one, let me know!


btw - this blog also inspired by this quote:

We should be taught not to wait for inspiration to start a thing. Action always generates inspiration. Inspiration seldom generates action.- Frank Tibolt

and this blog post by Jon Acuff


_
Photobucket

1 comment:

Leftovers