Tuesday, May 3, 2011

I am better than you, because I am me (Blurb)

 Would you like to listen instead of read?



 "Whenever I dwell for any length of time on my own shortcomings, they gradually begin to seem mild, harmless, rather engaging little things, not at all like the staring defects in other people's characters."
       -- Margaret Halsey

To be brutally honest, the quote above really does hold fast in my life.  I know this, and by knowing I am in constant struggle to keep from judgement of others.

My heart is heavy for those I see as sinners, for those that are worse than me. I mean... what will they do, what can they do - they are not me, I guess they will just be lost... How come I can see the world the correct way, and everyone else is wrong?

I will tell you why.  It is because I am better than you, because I am me.  Does a person look in the mirror and wonder why they are not me?  I don't know, maybe someone out there may think that, but I am willing to bet that the truth is, most folks look in the mirror and wonder why others do not see the world like they do.

Any intelligent person knows that they really do not understand everything, but I understand so much more than you!  Not sure really how to get all of you to understand this, but if you could just climb into my mind, and be me - you would get it.

Are you better than others, because you are you?

_

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~dErK~




2 comments:

  1. Wow man, thats heavy. It seems this is the human condition, and includes the other extremes such as thinking you are always wrong and worthless. Which seems like it could be closer to the truth at times,lol. We all need to be exposed for who we really are. It goes along with the whole "lose your life so you can have it. When we see ourselves for who we really are, we realize how fallen we are, not how good we are, because most of the time we rationalize our ways to thinking we are actually pretty good. And that's what Christ died for, so that our fallen lives could be redeemed, and we are made saints unto him. Press on with the Lord !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Most certainly!! Being able to see who you really are is what Christ as all about .. the funny is that we want to make it about everyone else!!

    Thanks for taking the dive and checking out my post and double for commenting.. you have already made my blog better!

    ReplyDelete

Leftovers