Monday, May 2, 2011

Palm Sunday - Old Exerpt from 'My Progress' (video)


found here


This video reminded me of something I wrote a good few years ago. I decided not to do any editing to the prose, so... just go along with what grammar mistakes and possible misspellings that I may have made.

I had placed myself in a huge home furnished with all that I felt I would and could ever need
including Cute, who through my eyes had become Lust, a box of false hopes, and all the magic to rid the evil away. I had sat upon my throne and was feeling as if I was on the top of the world. (Now, of course, this is my unconscious mind that is lost in its earthy desires for the out side of my mind; my body was taking a disgusting beating from Depression. Me being so lost I felt not a thing.) I looked around at all of my things and smiled to myself. I thought of how great I was and how powerful I was becoming. Then, suddenly, a bright white light appeared in the darkest corner of that room of my mind, giving sight to the most powerful being I had ever seen. I looked up at him from my throne as he turned from me. I was confused, but I said not a word. The Man was walking towards what looked like a cross. Actually it was my cross. I had it there a very long time and never understood its purpose, but this Man seemed to have an idea. He walked until He was directly in front of the cross and turned back to me. His eyes shown like fire and he spoke "Take up your hammer and nails and do what much be done!" I was terrified, but somehow I knew exactly what he wished. I slowly took hold of the hammer I had on my belt and found three long nails in my pocket. The man spoke His name to me and asked me a question.

"Young one, I am Salvation! Will you accept me? I looked to Him and was stopped in my tracks. I
centered my gaze to His and said, "Yes, my Lord! Take me!"

I knew not what happened then because I had fallen flat on my face. I forced my head up enough
to catch a glimpse of the man staked to the cross with the nails in his hands and feet. I knew he was still there though because I could feel His intense power. But, I could not see at all for the power was too intense. I now felt as if my body was crowding up and."Oh, Joy!", I cried as I realized what was now occurring. A battle had been fought and Salvation had won inside of me. The one who was there before was gone as well as the things I had in the building. Matter of fact, the building was gone as well. There were only four things left i.e. The Man Salvation, The Throne, the Cross, and Myself.
I finally awoke and found myself on a path. It hit me that the battle fought inside of me had
dramatic effects on my physical self as well. As lost as I had been before I found that accepting
Salvation and giving Him the throne to my desires I had gained access to the path I had been searching for. In my excitement I realized that I had renewed energy and guessed, as I searched myself, that it was because the pack that I had carried before was gone. My joy overcame me as I praised my Lord in Dance.



_




Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leftovers