Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Chris McLeod - Sampler (Free Music, Review) @chrismcleod83 @noisetrade



^^Widget Above^^
 



For Fans Of Switchfoot, Death Cab for Cutie, Sufjan Stevens, Derek Webb, John Mayer




A folk/worship with a slight Rock feel - good and relaxing!
Stand Outs:

"Never Too Late" - "I don't really believe that this is really happening" I get this way a lot.  I put on those 'hindsight googles' and seem to be able to see such perfection in the directions I have gone, and where I have ended up.  Can it be real? Can it be what I am thinking it is? Then I turn and look to the future and can only pray that it is - that soon I will be able to have the same hindsight that I did in this situation I am dealing with now!  "It's never too late to start making change" a lie often believed is that we are stuck wherever we are NOW - but as stated in this line... it really is never too late!

"Not So Far" - "you've been ripped apart and dissected" being in this state and moving toward the hope of love really is "not so far away" - I have found that in the beaten down - lowest points of my life, I end up feeling LOVE in a much deeper and truer way than any other time of my life.

"Discover" - a love song, I like how in is not like ... all the other love songs around - more of a jumbled mess of TRYING to tell your love of your love, which is far more likely than having it perfectly in your head, heart, and having the words to describe it.  It is a discovery... one that never ends - when you are 'done' then that relationship is DONE... keep on discovering!

``````````````

Chris is taking pledges right now for his new album and it has little more than a month before it is over!  Here is a copy/paste of the e-mail from Chris McLeod.


`````````

Greetings!

So, I have some really exciting news.  Today I am announcing a new album, titled “Traveler”.  I have been working on it for some time now (just past the two year mark), and it is almost ready to release.  Before I can do that though, I need some help from you.  Today, I am launching a PledgeMusic campaign. PledgeMusic is a way that you can get involved in helping me release my album.  You can pledge an amount of money to go toward the completion of my album, and in return I am offering some pretty cool stuff.

1) A digital download of the album to everyone who pledges before the official release date.
2) Regular updates from me in the studio
3) Depending on the amount you pledge, I am offering a number of exclusives. So, pick a little something out for yourself. :)

Probably the best part about this campaign is that I am offering 10% of the proceeds to Autism Speaks until I reach my goal. Once the goal is reached, I am upping it to 25%.

When the campaign is done, I only get paid from your pledge if I reach my goal.  So to make this happen, I need you to spread this to your entire email list, facebook, twitter, you could bring it up at the water cooler, do a class report about it, telegraph, telephone, tell your church or youth group... you get the idea.

So please visit my PledgeMusic campaign.  You can find out more about my new album,  listen to some demos, watch a video that explains this whole thing, and become a part of something beautiful.

Thanks for your help!

Chris McLeod


`````````````
So take a listen to the sampler - and go on ahead and pledge for the next album!!


To be honest - I have not pledged, but I started and read that my card could  not expire before August 2011 - AND my card actually expires this month - so when my new card comes in I will be able to actually do this!

@chrismcleod83 on twitter
 










_





Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leftovers