Wednesday, August 3, 2011

2 Rap Albums (Free Music, Reviews) @etizzmusic @sothekid @jahazielmusic

I talked about E tizz (@etizzmusic on twitter) before here and here, but I have received emails that brought me to these other free albums - not exactly by E tizz but from others in his circle of friends ... these are two of those ... and reviews for both! You just have to go to the websites provided for each artist in order to download the albums!

~~~~~~~~~~

So The Kid
@sothekid on twitter



Really good beats - really good raps ... nothing too odd or weird.  Really REAL - definitely recommended if you like rap at all!

Stand Outs:

"The Rally" - starts with piano ... Goes into some really cool percussion ... The best I can describe it would be calling it Rap/Worship!  Parts almost feel alternative... just so many different genre feels, awesome mix of music!  Not only all that, but it is just uplifting ... working for God ... praising God through it!  Awesome song!

"All I Need" - love the spider sense line!  lol awesome!  What do you need? The wonder of being in a relationship with Christ is that ... it is 'All I Need' ! Granted it is great to have more, and many many do... but I know for me, all that I have would really not mean what it means to me, without Christ... so without Christ I would be better off without it - God has provided me with what I have... without His guidance in it, I cannot use it properly - "All I Need' is Christ ... with or without He will guide me to peace beyond understanding... a beautiful place to be!

"Quest For Love" & "Love Is"- parts of this reminded me of my Boy II Men listening days ... not really the rap parts, but the R&B feeling parts.  Finding Love is a quest we all take on ... not because we decide to, but because we NEED it.  We crave it - and we have no real clue as what what is real and what is not when it comes to Love.  I heard the 'God Shaped Hole' analogy at MEGA FORCE and see this song as that... You can fill it with anything.. at least you can try to, but nothing fills it properly except for God... that Love of God shown though His son, Jesus!

"The Essence" - I loved the song, but what I really liked here was Timothy's take on S.O.'s music and the encouragement he gives - This is an awesome ministry, Keep it going!!

~~~~~~~~~~

Jahaziel
@jahazielmusic on twitter



I must say and I do not know why, but I think the accent that E Tizz and Jahaziel have just make Rap music sound ... just better somehow!  It gives it just another element that you do not hear often.

Jahaziel has some pretty awesome stuff!  Great work for God here!  Just in a slight comparison to S.O. above I would say that Jahaziel is a smoother sound, whereas S.O. has that rough tough sound to the music - different, but neither would I consider 'better' than the other - they are BOTH REALLY good!

Stand Outs: 

"Intro" - I was hooked as soon as it began - I loved how it started with the almost electronic sound of an older song ... it was a bit odd as the talking started, but as it flows back and forth it gets really cool .. awesome like "My God is an Awesome God. Consider that the intro the outro and all in between" ... yeah ... awesome!!

"What I Do" - great message for anything that you feel led into - what is it that motivates you to move to the next step? the money? the coolness? the fame? or the possibility of a soul for Christ to cover with His blood?  Then the other side of the song is doing what you feel led for that purpose, no matter what you feel led to do, whether it be Rap(that many might consider to be 'evil') or Screamo or magic tricks, or whatever the gift you have been given!

"Hungry" - what do you crave? is it meat... milk... Krystal chili pups?  the word of God?  I have never seen someone on fire for God, and not care about the Bible.  The reverse is also true!  When you get into that Word - you want to know it, understand it - and in doing that...feeding that ... you change you become that true 'new man'! 

"Be Not Deceived" - really cool song about life choices ... will you be deceived in life? 

"Jesus Loves Me" - I just liked the nostalgia that this song gave, not that I had a childhood full of 'Jesus Loves Me' but it was the first and almost only song I knew about Jesus until I was 16... 

"Turn Tables" - I believe this one to be very clever.  I have never heard of this quite like this before... Just as Jesus turned the tables... and so does a DJ ... when those 'tables' have these lyrics on them, you really are doing the same thing as Christ!  Call for a change when it is called for, Christ knew - He will let you know as well!

~~~~~~~~~~


Again - I totally recommend S.O. and Jahaziel ... go download - nothing needed but a few minutes of your time, and you have some Great new tunes in your collection!



_

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leftovers