Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Elijah The Ninja And the Case of The Missing Glove (Blurb)

 
 
 My son, Elijah, is a ninja - but not in the way a silent E is a ninja.  Elijah ninjaries-es by putting on ... one glove and he is in no way whatsoever silent.  He will put that glove on and run through the house for hours saying how he is a ninja. Granted - He has not done this in a while, but ANYTHING he does, he does LOUD and with ALL HIS ENERGY.

But that is not the point of this post... the point is the glove.  Elijah has gloves, but from what I can tell HIS gloves do not make him a ninja.  In order for him to somehow transform from Elijah the toddler to Elijah the insane master of ninja-ness he HAS to be wearing ONE of MY gloves!

To be completely honest, when he is ninjarized ... I never mind because the entertainment from it is TOP_NOTCH!! 

Somehow he can find ONE glove and play with it to his hearts content... and who knows where it ends up, then - when I go to do some job that needs to be done, lets just go with pulling thorny weeds, I can only find one of my gloves needed for that job.  Usually there is another glove near the first that I can wear, but is completely inadequate for the job at hand (literally).

When pulling weeds (yes this happened - the other is mowing the lawn, but it was not as painful) I was able to use the proper gloved hand in way I needed - grabbing any weed whether thorny or not, yank, pull, tug, without ANY issues at all.  The other improperly gloved hand was only allowed to touch non-thorny weeds, but honestly ... this is an impossible task.  Just the very nature of weeds is to make it harder for us to work with the ground - those thorns are the WORST.. they infect every plant around them, so there was NO way I was never going to get a thorny weed with the wrong glove.  

Every time that I grabbed a thorned weed with the crappy glove, I felt the pain - no ... the punishment for my foolishness.  I ended up only using one hand for most of the work, twisting the weeds round and round my properly protected hand - then gripping my arm below the glove to help pull the weeds from the ground.

There was a time, while doing the work and dreading the possibly of a bloody hand hidden inside my gloved hand that I thought quitting was a good idea.  Being improperly equipped to handle the situation created a spirit of defeat quickly after beginning the work.  

I have had many moments (especially dealing with my children) that I feel that I have a super power.. a power to see the future.  I see a glass of milk on the edge of the table... and immediately can see the situation that causes it to spill - so I move it to a safer place... only to have it spill anyway.  This point in itself could be a blurb, but what I want to get from my Elijah's Ninja gloved hand - is that ... no matter the innocent means that your 'tools' get misplaced - they will not be where you need them in a time of need.  

Spiritually you may feel that skipping prayer will be ok, or that reading that passage of the bible can take place later... many differing scenarios... but no matter the reason - when you NEED that word.. that comfort... will you have it?  Will you only have half of it, because that is not really enough... you will want to give up - you will not feel that you can continue with it.. you will feel that God has put too much on you, but truly what has happened is that YOU came unprepared.  

If you are in this type of situation right now, I want you to know that it is ok - you CAN make it through, but never forget it.. you will NEED the tools properly placed in the future.   If you are not dealing with it, you will - so make sure your tools are in order - do not let your 'entertainment' or 'innocent excuses' take them away before you need them.


_
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leftovers