Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Jon Simpson - Dark Gives Way (Free Music, Review) @bugnogmusic @noisetrade

Sorry... No longer available on Noisetrade...but this Single is
 
^^Widget Above^^

For Fans Of Switchfoot, Toad the Wet Sprocket, Foo Fighters


Soft - flowing music, worship styled... heavy on the drumbeats ... not exactly a Worship album as some of the songs just 'deal with life' - which is good and ... often times more appealing to me (at least memorable) 

Stand Outs:

"The Borderline" - I love the little 'diddy' that is played on the guitar during this song - it is really cool! 

"Altar" - I was not really expecting it to be an "altar of our lives".  I have always had the idea that the word 'altar' was not too far away from 'alter' for a purpose... that being that if you have come to the 'altar' you should not leave unless you are 'altered' ... that our lives would be different because of the experience ... that, to me, would be an altered life... a life that could be an 'altar' to God.  Something that you do not have to actually 'do' but that just happens - showing your love of God.

"Supranational" - I really liked how this one had a great melding of the music with the voice.  It really pulled it all together and just sucked me into 'the music' very cool - I could just see a 'God figure' walking .. giant on the earth 

"Antidote" - "What if every conversation was a love song to a friend" something that can get convoluted in no time is communication - it is the act of moving my thought to another's mind - and often it gets us into trouble. Trouble is we are all so willing to take the bait of offense and just start the blame game, especially when we are lacking information - what is the "Antidote" ... He is calling out your name!!  

I really enjoyed reviewing this album and look forward to it popping up randomly while listening to my music ! Check it out - enjoy .. download ... and - oh yea - TIP!!

@bugnogmusic on twitter

Noisetrade
Facebook
Website
cdbaby
itunes

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. hi there... thanks so much for the review - i'm glad you enjoy it! peace!

    ReplyDelete

Leftovers