Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Living Life by Holidays (Blurb)

 How do I drive forward thorough work some days? 

4:30 .. 4:30 .. 4:30 .. 4:30 .. 4:30 

How do  I make it though the year ... 

Holiday ... Holiday ... Holiday ... Holiday ... 

My guess would be that I am likely not alone in this feeling - what I find odd about it, is that (at least for me) I am many times likely BUSIER during the weekends and holidays then during a standard workweek... sometimes even when I have not felt quite well enough to go to work - I end up doing some crazy things at the house (like cutting down the bushes in the backyard). 

Why is it I use those to look forward? Why do I live my life by the holidays?  

I attune it to when I used to play soccer.. We would do A LOT of running... we would run EVERYDAY .. and it was grueling..  EVERY SINGLE DAY!!! 

I never gave up though - I always made it though the difficult and very tiring trial ... how? .. because I had a hope for the future.. 

I looked ahead and said..(in my head and ever so often out loud) 

*ok .. three more laps.. just did one and it was not bad - I can do another... ok halfway .. I did that ... I can do it again... and then the done was bigger than the unfinished.. I MUST be able to do it then!!*

I looked to where the goal was, but I never looked to how far away it was.. sometimes I would even look at in pieces..

 I would say.. *four times around the track - lets do the first one .. I can do the first one!*  Then I would do the same for the next and so on and so forth until I finished.. I had tiny goals that needed to be accomplished so every time a lap was completed I 'won'!  So with each victory the next was was no problem.. and I think THAT is why I life like by Holidays.

Each one is a marker.. I made it here - I can continue on.. I can do all the work and can deal with all the difficult things in life because I made it to a 'happy' moment.  I set those as victories.. not exactly that I did the best and beat everyone around me at it, just that I made it there.

The GREAT thing is that 'happy' moments are not always just holidays .. it may just be a good few minutes with your kids - or with a great friend - or possibly a moment when you and an enemy finally forgive one another! 

The Book of James is a great book of the bible and if you are EVER in a state that makes you feel like you cannot make it.. take a read of it.. get some insight about trials and the need to push forward - to get through hard things ... the desire to be perfected ... the act of perfection ... the messy trials that are NEEDED to get to that place! 

Have a victory in your life EVERYDAY! 


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~dErK~





2 comments:

  1. The problem I have with this is that I tend to look to far ahead and say gee... that's a long way. I end up more discouraged rather than renewing strength.

    However the times in my life where I followed this example (though sorrowfully I must admit they are few) I have had tremendous success. To look to what needs to be done first before moving on should be my goal in every situation.

    I thank you for posting this for it has reminded me the way I should approach things next time I face a difficult situation. I pray that others will learn as I have from it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad that it has helped you- it certainly gets me through some things.. baby steps..baby steps :)

    ReplyDelete

Leftovers