Saturday, January 21, 2012

Matthias - The Best of (Free Music, Review) @Matthias2099 @noisetrade #pop #gospel


^^Widget Above^^

For Fans of : Chris Tomlin, DC Talk, Jazz


Overall Thoughts:

kind of an old timey feeling in the songs.. it made me think of some old sitcoms.. or something like that.. or just whenever a sitcom wants to make you think of the 70's and then it jumps around a bit Jazzy, R&B, Contemporary, Rap .. there is a fairly good genre hold on the album though.. you do not feel like it jumps too much. (although going into "The Last Time" is a big jump.. more of a rock feel)

He is clearly singing about Christ and life.. I liked the ideas and thoughts of all the songs.. 

Being that it is nine years of work here I expect the differing genres.. and the difference in recordings.. so nothing too surprising about that .. all in all it is not a bad album

Recording Thoughts:

These are not the best recordings.. but still ok.. 

Really the album is a potluck of fairly good recordings with not so good ones.. ones that sound live .. but none are so terrible that you cannot listen and enjoy

Stand Outs:

"Child 2011" - not to say that I exactly enjoyed the older style music .. or keyboard.. I am not sure what to call it, but I really enjoyed the lyrics.. the idea to go back to innocence.. to when worries were simpler... granted growing up is a part of life and maturity is needed to deal with many things.. it really was simpler as a kid

"Somewhere You Are Dancing" - this was screaming old time DC talk.. really a great mix here .. I liked the sounds .. very cool

"Tired" - very visual and kick in the face song.. really we NEED to be the best we can at loving those around us!  

"What Do You Have" - close to being one of the best on the album.. 

"Hopeless Things" - also close to being one the best.. the acoustic was pretty good.. not perfect, but still sounded great.. He has great vocals here .. the rapping was very different with an acoustic backing.. I am not sure it sounded wonderful.. but I can really see the potential.. 

take a listen ... get a download.. and TIP!!! 

@Matthias2099 on twitter 

Noisetrade 
Facebook
4Shared


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~dErK~




2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the review! This was my first unsolicited review of my music and I enjoyed hearing what someone else thought, especially what songs you highlighted. You chose five of my favorites too!

    One thing, I don't want people to tip me. If noisetrade gave it as an option, I'd remove the tip button. My music is always free and I don't want to make money from it.

    Thanks again! God bless! New album Summer 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! Your welcome! It is great to hear from the artist on the review.. good to see we have similar tastes of your music.. lol

    ReplyDelete

Leftovers