Thursday, December 22, 2011

Joseph Journal Entries... A Fictional Interpretation #Christmas

God, I am not sure what you are doing right now.  I know that you have confirmed that Mary would be my wife - and that we would have a family together, but.. I just cannot understand why she would not be truthful to me.

I do not think that I can be with someone that will go behind my back like she must have.  I know that it is a good thing that she has told me before we are wed, but I really do not think I can trust her if we are to join as one after this. 

You know what she has done.  I cannot believe she has been with another man! Her and I were together so much these past few months.. how could I have missed it - and now ... all of the sudden she is with child. God, ... How could she possibly be the one for me if she would do this to me.

She has decided to go to her cousin, Elizabeth, who she is saying is also with child.  This is insane because Zechariah and Elizabeth are so old - there is no way that is possible.  I think she may just be trying to hide something from everyone else.

I know what I have decided to do.  It is the right thing to do.  She is not trustworthy and has shown that she does not want to follow your laws, so I will separate from her quietly. 

God, please give me strength and security to do this right so that it will not shame her, or myself.

-Joesph


I have just awoken from a dream, Lord.  I know you know about it, but I cannot contain myself.  I am not sure if it was even real, but I think the best thing for me to do is to trust it.  

The Angel in my dream said, "Joseph son of David, do not be afraid to take Mary home as your wife, because what is conceived in her is from the Holy Spirit. She will give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus, because he will save his people from their sins.” 

I am certain I left Mary in a confused state after talking to her yesterday.  I will go to her now and apologize for how I responded and tell her of your message to me.  Lord, I am so glad that you have spoken this to me so that I did not do what I was planning.  I love her  and am truly honored that you choose us for this blessing!

- Joseph


We are married!  Or at least it will be official after the birth of Jesus. We have decided not to consummate the marriage until after Jesus is born. 

 I am so glad that you have guided us through this process, Lord!  I thank you for your wisdom and your care as we deal with this virgin birth that you have given us.  

The trouble is that a census has been called for and it will require us to travel to Bethlehem.  I am not certain Mary can make it in her state.  Please be with us as we travel and I guess I should know that you have this under control, but the angel that came to me did not mention these things.

Please help us through this - have a place that is good for birthing a baby, if that is to happen, and have those that can care and be with us if we need it. 

Thank you again, Lord, I just have no idea why you would choose us for this - I hope we can do what you wish.

- Joseph


Oh God, what is going on!  This does not make any sense!  Why did you not listen to my prayers! 

How could you bless us with a son that is directly from you and force us to deal with these conditions that we are dealing with.  That was such a long trail to have to go.  Mary began labor pains and we had nowhere we could go.  

How could you not have made certain that somewhere here did not have an opening.  We only needed ONE room to stay in!  I am worried for my wife.  Again, I trust that you have this handled, but right now I am just not seeing you do the work that I would have expected from you.  God... where are you right now?


- Joseph


Jesus is born. 

 It was amazing - a miracle.  I cannot truly describe in words what I have experienced in the past few hours.  I still do not understand why we are here resting with the animals in the stable .. and that my son.. your son.. our son is laying in the feeding trough.  

Why would you bring your son, the proposed Savior of the world, into this world among livestock? 

We are trusting in you.  I think that Mary is stronger than me in this - I will be there for her. Please just continue to give me the strength I need and keep my wife and child healthy.

I thank you for sending the shepherds.  They actually helped us out very much.  I do not understand how they knew where we were, but they left talking about how they are going to let others know about what is happening.  I guess that you have a plan... and I will just continue to follow you.

 -Joseph



Our son is coming close to turning two.  I think back on that day that he was born and remember what I was thinking.  I know that I can trust you, Lord.  If we can make it through that hard of a time I am certain we can make it through this next one... and others, but you never seem to leave conformation at just that.

Some men from the far east came to our home today and worshiped Jesus. They had an amazing story.  They told us of how they followed a star that appeared when Jesus was born. How could they have even known? God, you are a miracle worker!

We are already on our way to Egypt to keep our son out of the hands of those that wish him dead.  Thank you for your guiding voice!

God, I know you were there the entire time.  These men really showed me what wisdom I lacked back then.  I thank you for guiding them to us and for the gifts that you put in their hearts to give us. I will cherish the experience of this journey the most and ask you to be with our family as we continue this trek of our lives with your son as our son!

-Joseph
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~dErK~




No comments:

Post a Comment

Leftovers