Friday, February 17, 2012

52 Reasons : TWO : You Can Make Me Laugh When No One Else Can


 

"You Can Make Me Laugh When No One Else Can"

The thing that I hate the most about being married and loving my wife.. is when she is upset... when she is crying.  There are certainly are times that I am the cause of those tears.  I wish that I could tell you that I always have been there for her and have never done anything to hurt her, but that would be a lie.

There have been times I have upset her and brought her to tears and I have no idea what it was that I did that caused it.  There have been times that immediately after doing something I knew it would hurt her and needed a 'cool down' period so I could level my head and move on with love instead of bull headedness.

This ability I believe I developed to get out of trouble with my mother.  I distinctly remember a time that I had enraged my mother and only seconds after the anger began.. I gave her a look.. and somehow.. that look caused her to laugh.  I cannot remember what I did to anger her, but I know that the laughter was a cure.  I like to use laughter as a cure.  So over the years I have been perfecting my methods.

I am best at it with Melanie, because I know her more than others.  I love to hear her laugh.. to catch that small grin on her lips as she tries to bite it back! 

You know.. it is interesting.. but God really does not want to be angry with us.  If we could move into a more intimate position with Him.. maybe we can get him to grin - and love on us some more, but it takes obedience to get there.  I wrote about this .. dealing with Elijah HERE.  


 Reason THREE
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~dErK~




No comments:

Post a Comment

Leftovers