Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Attalus - Post Tenbras Lux (Free Music, Review) @AttalusMusic @noisetrade #rock #alternative #favorite


^^Widget Above^^

For Fans of :  Thrice, Brand New, Emery, La Dispute


10 Song Album

Overall Thoughts:

Great mix of genre.. practically classical (very strongly speckled with piano) .. with hard.. I mean hard rock .. and clearly about Christ.. I found this album to be quite enjoyable.. Vocals are clear.. and understandable.. they do get crazy.. but mostly you can understand them and keep with the message

I have added this to my favorites 

Recording Thoughts:

Very Good ... Professional 

Stand Outs:

"Night" - Very cool sound.. heavy classical.. mixed with a great amount of hard rock..

"The Problem of Pain" - great message.. actually quite encouraging.. because many times when one is dealing with this.. they feel alone.. and the truth is.. like the song said "The Problem of Pain is a problem we all go through" .. To see, and believe in an almighty God.. and wonder.. just wonder.. why He would let our world be in the chaos that we can see.. day in .. and day out.. "Cause pain is the place.. where I give you... grace" .. powerful!  "Pain is the place where healing awaits" .. so poetic! 

"Post Tenebras Lux" - another.. cool sounds.. great mix here.. "we are on the road that leads to Him" .. oh YEAH!! "Keep on walking through the night" .. no matter the darkness.. the destruction.. keep on going.. know and believe in the end of the road.. and where it leads!! 

"Faith and Reason" - very much reminded me of Relient K.. and .. is this a relient k song? .. it sounds so much like one.. it is not... but you will certainly question yourself.. "were all searching for a God who is beyond our vision" .. great message.. really grabs ahold of the idea of faith.. or works.. of having a reason.. of stepping into a life with Christ.. great energy and encouragment! 

"Shadows of Doubt" - cool sound.. mixture of piano and electric guitar goodness.. almost like dueling instruments.. we all experience times of doubt.. just overwhelming feeling of being lost.. 'Those shadows keep you from my view" .. "You keep holdin' on" .. Thank you Lord for holding on!! love the ending.. such a great visual image.. and a hope "my shadows of doubt are all drowned out ... by YOUR light!" 

"When I Lose My Way" - much like the one above.. faith faltering, but the strength of Christ pulling us through.. MAN.. such amazing lyrics.. so poetic.. so deep, but simple enough to grasp easily.. GREAT STUFF!! I really liked that this one was from the viewpoint of God.. awesome "I'm gonna leave the 99... I'm gonna find you EVERY time" .. and then ending with man's thoughts.. and warming trust in God that is there.. coolness

"One Defining Spark" - The flow of the lyrics here are pretty amazing.. "Strong enough to break the hardest heart.. deep enough to leave a lasting mark..." such defining features of God's Love.. "You can't hide behind your wall of skin and bones" .. I just really like these lyrics 

"At the Rubicon" - while I do not understand the title.. I got the song.. what we do.. is so useless without God.. leave that mess behind.. and work for the glory of God instead!! at about the 2:40 minute mark.. I did not really like the way the song was.. it was distracting.. but soon after about 3 min it went back right for me again.. though I could see it as an 'artist' dissonance .. portraying the change in ideals.. instead of listening just to self.. giving that to Christ and living His ways.. living His life. 

"A Country Road In Two Seasons" - A much calmer sound.. This message was pretty deep.. there were certainly levels of messages.. I am not positive of everything in this one.. I found the music to be reassuring.. and surreal.. a fantasy world were built in my mind.. if I had to take a simple guess.. this is about life.. about the changes that will occur.. the change that seems to take place on the road you are on in life.. yet .. truly.. honestly.. it is the same.. it leads to the same finish.. doubting whether you are on it because of the circumstances.. is futile.. keep moving towards Christ.. 

"Let There Be Light" - another soft song...  beautiful piano playing.. majestic .. AND... a ... 'secret song' .. very, very rough recording.. but cool none the less.. reminds of some revivals I have been to.. and sometimes just hanging with friends talking about the Lord and worshiping.. 



take a listen ... get a download.. and TIP!!! 

@AttalusMusic on twitter 


Noisetrade
Website
Youtube
Last.fm
Facebook
itunes
Amazon
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~





No comments:

Post a Comment

Leftovers