Thursday, November 8, 2012

Review: Time Slice by Kerry Downing (Books) #sciencefiction

Time SliceTime Slice by Kerry Downing
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This is a pretty cool little book. Not too long. The story at the start is a bit hard to get through due to the nature of it being quite depressing, but the science fiction addition of the traveling through 'time slices' really kept me going. It made me think more of traveling through dimensions more than anything, and I think that was the point just using different termonalogy.

Once that began to move off and the story moved more into the plot of helping the 'alien' out with the request he had I found that I could not put the book down. From the moment the story wove back to where it started and then on I was so hooked and invested into it I HAD to know what was happening next.

I found that the characters were interesting and easy to 'feel' as real. Some parts were a bit silly but really it added to the comedy that no doubt were the intention of the author.

It was kind of cool reading a story much like one we might simply overlook. some guy finds odd device that gives ability. He travels and takes on a quest, but not in the way most of these go... There was much more focus on home than the quest, which was a good change of pace for a story like this.

The blending of friendship was good and as well showed people not afraid to stand up and do what was right no matter the harm that may come to themselves.

View all my reviews

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~





No comments:

Post a Comment

Leftovers