Tuesday, December 18, 2012

The Morning Glory (Blurb)


There is something out there truly shows me a wonderful part of the nature of God.  God is all around us.  He wants to be a part of our lives.  We can see Him in some the greatest moments.. the moments we slow down and take a few minutes just to LOOK and LISTEN.  In this way... I see the morning glory as this example.

Right out in the open, but hidden somehow as well

We actually have a bunch right in our front yard.  I did not even know this far a good long while.  One morning I actually paid attention to my surroundings and realized there were a good 20 or 30 of them all around our porch.  Most of the time my focus is on getting into my truck and driving off into the wild blue yonder of workmanship and manliness so I was totally missing this beauty.  

I learned later Kyley was one of the first to spot them and ask some questions of her mother about them.  To my knowledge they are now her favorite flower.  

There is not just one 'morning glory' it is a vast expanse, over 1000, of flower types.  The only thing between them that is totally common is their ability to reveal their beauty in short spurts of certain times.  Most reveal themselves. obviously. in the morning, but some do so even at night.

Sometimes it is hard to miss the glory God wishes you to see.  May it be rolled up and right in front of your face, or you are just in a hurry and cannot stop to see the truth is wide open and ready for your eyes! 

Take a moment... just a moment, every once and a while just to look for the glory of God in your life! 

 
 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leftovers