Sunday, June 1, 2014

Review: Words of Radiance


Words of Radiance
Words of Radiance by Brandon Sanderson

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



Epic fantasy done right

There is something I have not enjoyed about some epic fantasy that I think stems from the fear of not finishing. Why painstakingly write a novel if no one will get to read the true tale. Or even worse not understand it.

Sanderson masterfully creates a world and characters you can easily begin to know, understand and want to know more about.

Again his systems of magic and lore are great. revealing enough to date my appetite while still leaving and creating new mysteries. The idea of a tale beyond this one that radiates within all of his books adds a whole other dimension to reading and enjoying. I do get so very pulled into and caught into the story at hand I often miss the dropped hints and Easter eggs, but it is very cool to have those things to chat about with all my geeky friends.

I liked the choices made for the continuation of this tale. I was very surprised by many of them as well and was on the edge of my couch watching for things to come to their head.

The world is larger. The story is broadened. This is what I mentioned at the start. The ending or the resolving of the problem still feels a ways away, but yet Sanderson can still create and ending that I am happy with.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leftovers