Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Review: Next


Next
Next by Joshua Guess

My rating: 0 of 5 stars



Starting off, I started this book right after finishing Brandon Sanderson's "Steelheart". I just finished that book about a modern day Super human world and had to dive into another. This was one that I had passed up many times and I finally just started reading it.

It has a choppy start, but as the pieces begin to come together (about 50 or 60 percent in) it really picks up the pace and I, at least, got really invested into the story.

It has an interesting contrast to Sanderson's telling of people developing powers that is really the norm. Many people would use those powers for good. (I really liked Sanderson's take on showing absolute power corrupting) I found many of the characters to not really have depth until near the end of the book. It was an interesting story and if you like sci-fi or superheros in general you should take it for a spin.

It is a pretty simple and quick read. The story finishes in this one book, but it leads it open to a series to come, which I am interested in continuing. The language was rough at times, but mostly mild.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leftovers