Thursday, April 2, 2015

Review: The Name of the Wind


The Name of the Wind
The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



Ohhh man... I can't even really saw how I feel about this book. I was fully enamored through the telling. Each story that compounded the story. I really liked the way this was told. It kind of created a nice flowing reading. Something about the way you could just step into part of the tale here and then move to here, but the details were both grueling as well as masterful. There were times I was just tired of it, but I appreciated it all the more anyway.

There are scenes that were wonderful, but as well many that were so mundane it was odd that they were in the book. I think this worked well though, because life is so full of the mundane. Without those times we normally cannot make it through the wonderful. It really showed true progression of character, if that was only really the main character. I would like to see more growth in those around our red haired protagonist.

All in all... this is just great writing. To be able to so easily hand over my emotions and thoughts to the words of this writer was awesome. Not only that but he did very well with them. Even though nothing of world wide note happened in this book, I feel like a tale was told that I fully enjoyed.




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leftovers