Thursday, August 27, 2015

Review: The Ghost Brigades

The Ghost Brigades The Ghost Brigades by John Scalzi
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Breaking into this right after finishing the first was actually a tiny bit disorienting. There is no firm ground to hold onto from the first book until a little into tho book. I am not sure why it was difficult for me, but I am unsure if it would have been better to read this without knowledge of the first book or not. I do think that the two stories could be read out of order, but the progression of the first will likely be VERY boring if you do.

Actually it is that progression in the first book that had me like it so much. This book is lacking in that a bit, but as well it opens to new ideals as well as experiments with some of the technologies of this science fiction world. \

I think.. in a way it is kind of like an "I, Robot" of sorts taking us on a newer journey of the technology. I do wonder if I would have liked the book even more if it had started with Jared awakening and us slowly learning about himself as he did... instead of having the secrets from the start. I may have called it cliched by that point... not sure.

This book stayed in grain with the first by still having terrible language so be aware of that.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leftovers