Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Review: Old Man's War

Old Man's War Old Man's War by John Scalzi
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Great writing. Great story. Great Characters... I have clearly overused the word "Great", but ... no matter.. this is a great book.

My two problems would be that the language was very bad and the story was too short. The shortness feeling may be due to the fact that once I started listening ... I could not put it down. As well it could be that this particular story ends a bit abruptly. Oddly the language was worse more at the start of the story rather than the end of the story. Although that may have been me noticing it less either because I got into the story, or because the tale became more about war than a sci fi mystery novel.

Actually... I do think that was what it was... A sci fi mystery turned into full scale alien warfare. Each of these "genres" was done well. While it would have been nice to get a bit more insight to the other races, by following John we got his glimpse of them. That made sense. It also leaves plenty of room for more tales.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leftovers