Friday, December 11, 2009

Something Screened ... Inspirational Doors? #JustBeingHere



Posted by Abi in the CRY forum thingamagig "Pick a type of door and write a blog/devotional on it's spiritual significance."

 I cheated and did not pick my own ... is that cheating?  Ah... nevermind!

Screen Door

Now in my first thoughts about how to do the task asked with 'screen door' I was ready for an 'easy road' because I was totally about to talk about a strainer.... but that would be a strainer - not a screen door.  So, let me take you on my process of thought to do this.

What is a screen door used for here? (Earth ... Material world... Terra something-or-a-other)

Here is a description from Amazon for a 'Mesh Door Screen'

'Mesh Door Screen lets cool breezes in, keeps pesky bugs out.' source

I am pretty sure that this is the main reason for a screen door - so onto the spiritual :) ! @ aotnhuoel whoo hooo....

Simply put to have a spiritual screen door - you would have it for 'being in the world but not of the world' which is never actually stated (that I can find) in God's word that way BUT with these verses we know it to be true.

John 15:19 If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.

John 17:15-17  I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil. They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world. Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.

In the end - this is simple.  Our Spiritual Screen door is this protection that Jesus was asking for us to have here in the book of John.  I mean... honestly who wants spiritual bugs - we have enough in our lives (ie. live bugs - electronic bugs - sickness bugs... do you really not want protection from them?  ,,, rhetorical, but of course!

Also this makes me think of Moses coming down from Mt. Sinai with that glowing face. (Go read Exodus 34:29-35!)  When we have our screen door - we have the wind (or Elijah's still small voice of God 1 Kings 19:12) all access to our home, and the comfort that it brings, BUT still have a protection from the outside world that Jesus prayed for us to have.  To be able to 'shine' forth the God given glow through our 'screen doors', like the veil of Moses.  Remember that the veil is really only for between the world and ourselves - when we fully go to speak to God, that veil better not be there (that is what your closet is for anyway!)

~>dErK<~

ok - so screen door is done - next I will go ahead and do Car Door since there were many votes for it, and after that ... well how about you leave a comment on this blog for the next thing I should "write a blog/devotional on it's spiritual significance"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~dErK~




No comments:

Post a Comment

Leftovers