Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Carly Escoto - You'll Be OK (Free Music, Review) @Carly_Escoto @noisetrade #folk



 
^^Widget Above^^

For Fans Of Ingrid Michaelson, Brett Dennen, Colbie Calliat, Norah Jones, Brandi Carlile



The .mp3's were labeled 'alternative' and 'punk' but.... I have NO IDEA why they were labeled that - I could only call this music 'Folk' ... though it goes into my 'regular' folder, because I am an oddity ;) 

Carly sings so wonderfully - very calming ... very soothing...  I was harboring a headache before I began listening - as well as a slightly fowl mood - it changed by the end of my listening.  Though that could have been due to the coffee and pretzels... the music is great!

I like the extra UMPH is added to the music with some beats - almost, but really not even near rapping, but ... close ... so close - VERY COOL original sound 

Stand Outs: 

"You'll Be Ok" - This is some of that really nifty banjo strong music - One must have a pretty rocking voice to really pull this off - and the GREAT thing is that Carly has that rocking voice!! 

"Acacia" - I was not positive anyone could actually sing the word 'Acacia', but this song is wonderful!  

"I'm Yours" and "You're Mine" - certainly companion pieces... the declaration of I'm yours - and the same, just as important, declaration of you're mine (but in a real way of seeing what that really means - the great love that is within it)

@Carly_Escoto on twitter

Noisetrade
Facebook
Website/Tumblr

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Photobucket


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leftovers