Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Brian Wahl - Multiple Albums (Free Music, Review) @brian_wahl @noisetrade #worship #folk

Bandcamp - You Have Rescued Me



 
 
^^Widget Above^^ 
 
A great worship album - very well recorded, pretty much an acoustic set, very relaxing and mood changing (Your bad day can go to good with this encouraging music in your ear!) - can certainly set my mind back to the pure and true... ready to step into the presence of God!

Pretty standard ideas on worship in the songs - much like you may have heard before (Not all of them, though! "I Will Send My Son") - done well, done very well!

Stand Outs: 

"I Will Send My Son" - (My Favorite) I really like 'seeing' this perspective of God's in that time when He had to choose to do what He did for us - very powerful song! Certainly not something I have heard before - very cool!  "I'll take it all away" ... just really shows that Love God has for us - even BEFORE He cleaned us!
  Bandcamp & Noisetrade - Things EP
 






 
^^Widget Above^^

I originally got this album from Noisetrade, but it looks as if it is also available on bandcamp!

This is not like the other album - more folk... or as I call a CHUNK of music that I have ... REG (that stands for regular - not to be confused with boring... that is NOT WHAT THAT MEANS ... maybe a better explanation would be ... much like a lot of music - something I could listen to on a regular basis!)

Again - mostly acoustic in this album, I am totally cool with that though because I am crazy in love with the acoustic guitar - though singing and playing one seems to elude my abilities.

Just want to note that this album seemed a little rougher than others - more scratchy sounding... nothing too bad - just noticed it though

Stand Outs:

"Things" - The battle of being greater than you are to the rest of the world - the desire to be celebrity, to be paid for what you do, that 'will' justify that you 'are' good ... that you 'are' loved - interestingly is not what everyone wants - sometimes there are people who just want to to what God has called them to do!  "I'm Not For Sale" -  I hope I can live like this in the continuation of my life!

"Thank You" - love the song - such a passionate way of thanking God - direct and to the point!

"It Covers Me" - Certainly a worship song - very symbolic... the Love of God 'covering' you/me - Interesting the 'debate' of whether or not it would cover him! Something to always remember.. that no matter the need - no matter the sin... HIS LOVE COVERS IT!!! COMPLETELY

"When You Stand" - "If I can't talk to anybody, I will never get my feet on the ground" I have heard it said a few times that when there is a problem - a hard thing in life, that talking about it really does not help, but the problem I have with that is that - with that thought the only way to 'deal' with it is to ignore it... what good is it then - what do you learn from it? what gain can you take from it?  "We will find our way when we stand" I believe in this - that no matter the situation .. no matter the heartache - if you STAND and demand to find the thing YOU need from it.. you will be healed in it - that your life will be BETTER because of it, and you will be able to TALK ABOUT IT.  I have things that are hard to talk about, but I find that the more I BUST that alabaster box... perfume is what exits... not my stink!  I choose to stand!


Direct Link

  Bandcamp - Strings EP








 ^^Widget Above^^

Again - acoustic... I am beginning to 'feel' a pattern here - I am sure Brian does not like the guitar :)

The recording quality of this album is pretty good - I did not notice the problem that 'Things' hod

Stand Outs:

"Empty Faith" - "I say I'm different,but I'd just look the same" This is a great song - such a strong message! "As long as their watching , every things fine" The term Hypocrite came up A LOT before I accepted Christ - so when I did accept ... I demanded to myself to not be one... in that, I failed - I still fail.. there is a process that one goes through.. that you/me need to learn... "You search the heart of me" .. God changes us - He puts the right desires in.. and takes out the wrong, but we have to want it - so hard to really be this - and portray it.. no matter the perspective, someone will see you as a hypocrite! No use to actually give up, because the deal is between you and God - focus on that - and your life will be seen pure by others around you!

"I Need Your Love" - I just thought this song was really 'pretty' (would have used the word 'beautiful - but I use that a lot)

Direct Link


Bandcamp - 13 Miles




 
^^Widget Above^^

Ok - not as acoustic - many various instruments.  

These seem to be much more light hearted songs - just about life.. and things that one may cross in life!  Though some of the songs on other albums above are on this one - but not the exact same recording (I like the acoustic versions better)

Stand Outs: 

"I Don't Know What To Say" - I am here - in this place... so often "Every one is crying out, and everyone is the same" I usually do not know what to say - oddly enough I feel this way a lot, but as soon as I open my mouth - what needs to be said usually comes out, the only time that this becomes a problem is when I 'think' I know what to say.  I think it shows more wisdom, when you do not know what to say - keeping your mouth shut - instead of coming up with what you think is the best out of the bad ideas.

"The Pickle Song" - this is what I mean about light hearted songs!! A song about a girl ... then all the sudden about Pickles... where did that come from, carefree and fun! 

Direct Link

Bandcamp - Song Demos







 
^^Widget Above^^

This is more worship - mostly based on Psalms - very beautiful stuff.  The Psalms always are like this, but Brian does a great job with all of these musically and vocally.

Stand Outs: 

"Unfailing Lave" - Packed with power! awesome song! very strong - easy to get into!

"Though I Walk Through The Valley" - A wonderful rendition of the 23rd Psalm.  I really like the vocal work here - very strong!  Just acoustic and vocals.. very nicely done!

"No Perfect Son" - A perfect allegory of pretty much everyone's relationship with God - though honestly As Jesus being the one that 'created' this parable with this in mind - of course it is perfect.  This is well put to song - it really makes the story personal, that guilt that is felt for leaving.. for giving up and taking the blesses in your misadventures.. then the eventual return home!

Direct Link


@brian_wahl on twitter

Website
Facebook
Bandcamp






~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~dErK~




No comments:

Post a Comment

Leftovers