Thursday, September 1, 2011

Mitchel Schiff - You Have My Attention (Free Music, Review) #folk #rock




^^Widget Above^^

For Fans Of John Mark McMillan, Jesus Culture, Matt Redman, Chris Tomlin, Andrew Peterson



A soft folk sound - a voice that is different.. that goes GREAT with the acoustic guitar! The acoustic seems to be in most of the songs - but there are really many instruments ... one in particular I heard a few times was ... what I 'think' was an organ.. Churchy .. I know, but this was really done in a very different way than I would think standard churches would us an organ (well maybe not use it, but maybe what they might accompany it with.. but what do I know) - I liked it.. there .. that is the important thing

This is definitely a worship album.. all about praising God, and all that He has and CAN do!  Very well done - very professional - and just all around good! (Except for maybe "Shine A Light" - that one is different... not really reflecting what is good about Mitchel Schiff .. my opinion ... not a big deal)


Stand Outs:

"With You I Can Climb This Mountain" - I am pretty sure there was an organ playing during this song.. so cool!  Really an encouraging song - seeing .. remembering what Christ has done, and relying on that to KNOW that He can bring you through that next thing you need to deal with!

"He Is Love" - what are we? ... and in that what we are ... what is He?  - Crazy to think that He would be love - even though we are not what exactly 'deserves' love.  I am so glad He looks beyond that.  I really like the transcendent feel of this song - very cool and almost hypnotic.

"You Have My Attention" - honestly ... what will it take to get your attention? I really liked the way this song got you to thinking ... to trying to SEE more like God

Certainly recommended ... to those that think.. and enjoy deep thought provoking spiritual songs!

Listen.. Download.. Enjoy... Tip!

Noisetrade
Facebook
 
The other links did not work
_


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leftovers