Sunday, September 18, 2011

Ocelot Eyes - DEMOS (Free Music, Review) @oceloteyes @noisetrade #experimental #folk


^^Widget Above^^

For Fans Of  Fleet Foxes, Bon Iver, Copeland, Freelance Whales 




One minute you feel like your watching cartoons - then some electric techno disco party - the next your in hillbilly hill listening to some wonderful banjo playing - then just as quickly you are rocking out... !  Really nifty stuff

Stand Outs:

"Civilization" (I actually got this track from purevolume)- If there were a theme song for steam punk.. this song would be pretty close to being it. Sounds of ... just odd sounding instruments - the sound of steam... banjo(I think) 

"Oh Guilt, You Are My Best Friend" - not that I would reccomend this - I understand... feeling that the only thing that is close enough to you - and constantly a companion is your guilt.. past mistakes, even if 'paid' for ... th guilt is often too terrible to deal with - Jesus Heals! 

"The Fledgeling" - At first I discounted this song as silly, until I understood (what I think I understand) encouragement is one of the best forms of endearment - Having the faith in someone else when they do not is sometimes very frustrating and I am sure that God has this happen so often (I know that He has dealt with me in this) ... Oddly enough sometimes those that DO the encouraging ... need it just as much!

(The rest of these I listened to on bandcamp) 

"Time" - much like a riddle from 'The Hobbit' ... one of the greatest 'enemies' of the human race... hand in hand with chaos theory

"Polaris" - more like a worship song, but so - so different.  Very fresh ... This song practically surrounds you by the universe - and then centers on God.. giving Him the true glory .. awesome, awesome song!!

~~~~~~~~

As soon as I am able I plan on getting the full album - these guys have created some very cool music.. so many styles in one package - check them out! 

@oceloteyes on twitter

Noisetrade
Facebook
Bandcamp (Full Album Avaliable $5)
Purevolume (Few Free Tracks Here)


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leftovers