Friday, February 24, 2012

The Pates Family Singers w/ Matthew Clark - Advent House Show (Free Music. Review) @matthewclarknet @noisetrade #acoustic #folkrock


^^Widget Above^^

For Fans of : Patty Griffin, Andrew Peterson, Sandra McCracken


I will be mostly ignoring the Christmas music 

Overall Thoughts:

A folk worship feel ... acoustic.. very deep meaning songs.. pulling from things in a sideways .. train of thought at times (this appeals to me greatly)

I really enjoyed getting to hear much of where the songs came from.. it is much like being at a live show.. I feel like I am closer to these people I do not know.. lol 

I am adding this album to my favorites!! 

Recording Thoughts:

ok (LIVE!) ... Semi-Professional

Stand Outs:

"Lillies and Sparrows" - awesome message!!

"Prodigal Son" - very awesome acoustic.. and just loved the vocals here 

"Call Me Israel" - really cool song about Christ.. and as well how He fits in us.. life.. and dealing.. but really .. this had such a wonderful sound.. 

take a listen ... get a download.. and TIP!!! 

@matthewclarknet on twitter 


Noisetrade 
Website
Facebook
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~





1 comment:

  1. Derk, Thanks so much for reviewing the House Show recording! Really encouraging to us! - matthew

    ReplyDelete

Leftovers