Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Review: Crazy Love by Francis Chan (Books)

Crazy Love: Overwhelmed by a Relentless GodCrazy Love: Overwhelmed by a Relentless God by Francis Chan
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This book is good. That is what I would like to say.. alone in this review, but I won't.. I will say much more.

First of all.. I think.. that this book may be about 50% scripture quotes - and to tell you the truth - I believe that to be a good thing. I am not typically a reader of 'Christian Help' Books.. or even the more well known and read books. I like to search the edges and find something seemingly ignored to read, unless I feel that God is pressing me in the direction of a certain book. I believe the latter is the case here.

The message in this book is one that I have been living by for a good while - maybe not to the extremes that I could be and the chapter that had all the real life examples was certainly inspiring to me.. to do more in that way.

Some points that I picked up that you should NOT miss about this book.

"It is important that we not measure our spiritual health by the people around us, who are pretty much like us"

SO VERY TRUE!!

"I pray that your reading of the next few pages will be interrupted by spontaneous and meaningful praise to God."

I hope in all I do.. it puts peoples thoughts on God!

I found that the videos that it asks you to watch were an interesting media switch-up that I have never experienced while reading a book, though if you are away from a computer or smart phone - you are not missing TOO MUCH, just some visual aids and about a 'chapter' of 'God Talk' .. that is quite good.. and I have added the video here (if you are on my blog) so you can watch it now - it may inspire you to read the book.. or better yet.. the Bible.

Stop and Think Video




There were many issues brought up that we all need be reminded of and 'pushed' to trust in God more in those things. i could easily see why this book was so talked about, and still is. The message is simple, the message is the bible.. with another cover.. and someone's thoughts on it. He even states this about his life and inspiration for the writing of the book.

"I eventually rejected what the majority said and began to compare all aspects of my life to Scripture."

If the word of God is just something that is 'there' and sermons you hear are just something you listen to and move on. You may need to be re-motivated into having a 'Crazy Love' with God.. that He loves us in the first place.. is Crazy.. and the way that we love Him.. really .. should be seen by others.. as crazy as well.

"We often have "aha!" moments but don't act;"

Learn to put it to your life.. and begin to understand that change is what will happen when love is truly present.

I enjoyed reading Crazy Love - Scripture was very, very present and it helped to inspire me to REACH out more, and as well to TRUST more.




View all my reviews


 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~





No comments:

Post a Comment

Leftovers