Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Royal - C.R.E.A.M (Free Music, Review) @Royal116_ @noisetrade #hiphop


^^Widget Above^^

For Fans of :  Lecrae, Trip Lee, Tedashii, Sho Baraka, Andy Mineo


Overall Thoughts:

HUGE album.. Full of songs.. actually about .. two albums worth of music.. heavily lifting up Christ in Rap.. and pretty well done at that.  pulling from the Bible and sounding great while doing it - Pretty much EVERY song is GREAT!  

I have added this to my favorites

Recording Thoughts:

Pretty Good ... Semi-Professional and Professional .. it goes back and forth

Stand Outs:

"Owned" - We .. being saved by God.. are bought with a price.. that price saved our lives.. and to be 'owned' by another in this way.. we partake in Salvation and Eternity.. 

"C.R.E.A.M." - explanation of the album titled and the hope of what the album will do in the lives of others!  Cool stuff.. shows great passion and hope in the work of God.

"Going In" - great lyrics here.. really pumping up the drive to work for Christ!

"Miracle" - another with very clever lyrics.. lifting up Christ and the miracle of His sacrifice..and His awesome love towards us!

"Nobody" - .. and again.. so cool .. starts a bit slow in this one. .but really begins to pick up and .. just.. tons and tons of Glory is being tossed to God.. really encourages us in this work for God.. to do our best of Him!! 

"Testimony" - I just wanted to note that the music that served as the background in this.. may have been too loud.. (not considerably) just enough to pull attention to the music more than the actual words spoken.. I am sure that this was not the intent.. it was hard to focus on the words

"Forever" - had the horn that I do not like.. blah... The lyrics were pretty awesome though.. just .. too many horns.. 

"Preach Christ" - encouraging.. uplifting.. passionate! 

"Fess Up" - I still have 10 more to listen to.. let me just go ahead and call them ALL GOOD !! 

"Reflections" - VERY cool object lessons.. 

"Press On" ... umm.. where did this come from? .. This one starts SO odd.. and then it is interjected by the rap.. I am not sure I really liked this one.. it was odd.. and just did not fit with the rest of the album well.. 

"Wonderful" - I am glad that I kept listening.. because.. I did not really like this one either.. it was odd. and did not flow like the multiple others..

"City" - 'sampled' Chris Tomlin's version God of This City.. I actually found the interjections in this one to sound good.. to flow a bit with the music.. 

"Chosen" - very good.. another of the masterful lyrics and heart for God! 

"Psalm of Praise" - .. had the tidbits that I have come to detest (at least it was only on one track).. .see HERE for more information : http://derkopenedeyes.blogspot.com/2012/05/slick-nikki-answer-call-free-music.html   ... and if it did NOT have that I would set it as a fav.  I really liked it.. just .. cannot stand the tidbits.. 

take a listen ... get a download.. and TIP!!! 

@Royal116_ on twitter 


Noisetrade
Facebook (add as friend)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~





No comments:

Post a Comment

Leftovers