Friday, June 29, 2012

Alabaster Kin - End of The Road (Free Music, Review) @changehiphop @noisetrade #hiphop #acoustic #favorite


^^Widget Above^^

For Fans of :   Everlast, Underground Hip hop, Classic Rock


(Tim's thoughts and comments are in blue - His Blog HERE : www.timinabottle.blogspot.com His Twitterness HERE : @Sid_Viper )

Overall Thoughts:

    I start writing this as I'm only about half through the intro. So far I've already been captured by this artists style. I love things that are “out of the box” so to speak and this artist truly delivers that with primarily acoustic, guitar or piano, backing tracks. He also has great rap skills. I also love that he actually has an ear for the music and doesn't just stay monotone throughout the song like some rappers do. 

I added this to my favorites

Recording Thoughts:

Good ... Professional 

Stand Outs:

“The Soul (Intro)” Right away this song immerses you into the style of the album and captures your attention.

“Road To Nowhere” is a song that gives a great message about what happens when we start trying to live life by our own plans. It also reiterates that God is able to fix our mistakes once we turn back to him.

“Winter Snow” is a song that tells a story. It has a good chorus loop or hook.

“Need To Know” tells his testimony. Also written in a minor key.

“Dreamer” another story telling song about what happens if you don't do things for the right reasons or without keeping God first.

“Angie” is a song with good message. I love the western feel of the guitar in it.

“End of the Road” is a truly great track even though “Whiskey Lullaby” was flying through my head as I listened to it. Despite that fact it's still my favorite track on this album.

“Interlude” adds a bit of humor to an already fantastic album.



take a listen ... get a download.. and TIP!!! 

@changehiphop on twitter 


Noisetrade
Website (Bandcamp)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~





No comments:

Post a Comment

Leftovers